We at Early Intervention and Family Services/Person County Schools are committed to providing quality preschool services to support families in ways that meet the needs of the child and the family.
Our focus is to provide a developmentally appropriate preschool program to those children who may be deemed at risk for or who have special needs and those children who are typically developing.
This is accomplished through developing a partnership between families, staff and community agencies that includes respect, trust and compassion. We work together to create opportunities for learning in a safe, nurturing environment.
- all children can learn.
- parents are the first teachers of their children and are the most important people in their child’s life.
- all children are first and foremost children, regardless of their different needs.
- children should have opportunities that promote their full involvement in the community.
- when supporting families, we are responsive to their unique strengths, needs, beliefs, values and cultural diversity.
- that sharing service options and coordinating these services with other agencies will provide support for the child and the family.
- in providing a healthy, safe and developmentally appropriate learning environment for young children